RCU Forums - View Single Post - New addition to the family!
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:40 AM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New addition to the family!

We have been having a blast running all of the trucks lately. Going out about twice a week. This past weekend we went to another favorite park with great hiking trails. My wife is getting pretty good at driving her Rubicon. We made some changes to her truck, like moving the battery to the front as Axial described on their website. That made a huge difference. I also turned the tires around as the stock Maxxis tires sort of suck. When they get muddy the tread fills up and they become racing slicks and have no traction. But even turning them around didn't work. She wants new tires and wheels for sure. The Maxxis tires don't seem as good as the 1.9 Ripsaws that come on the Dingo.

Anyways, I have to share this story with everyone from this past weekend. My wife was driving her Rubicon down off of this bank when it rolled. It flipped a couple of times on to the path below right in front of me. I thought it was going to stop but it kept rolling, over into the creek a couple feet away. I reacted!! I dived for the thing practically throwing my shoulder out. I barely got a couple of fingers around an axle and scooped it out before it could be submerged. The only thing that got wet luckily was the body, no fried electronics. My shoulder did hurt for a while afterwards but it was alright later. I told my wife at the time she might be rubbing Icy Hot on my shoulder when we got home in return for saving her truck. LOL! $400 Axial Rubicon > Shoulder ???