RCU Forums - View Single Post - What "dumb" things have you done in relation to R.C.?
Old 04-03-2013, 03:47 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What

Dumbest thing I've ever done was buy a HPI Brama 10b (seriously that is probably the crappiest RC ever made). Ended up throwing the RC in the trash can it was that worthless. Only thing kept off it was the wing mount, rims, and esc...

one thing that hurt real bad was I was recalibrating an ESC on mt pede 4X4, and kinda mixed up the order so the sucker went full throttle, the tire hit me, and ripped a few layers of skin off my hand, and arm. Thing was it was summer, and hot as hell outside so I started sweating, and the salt in the sweat really caused some pain(more so than the actual friction burning of the skin off)

finished assembling a RC had it on my bed went to test if I there was any binding for the servo's forgot to turn the transmitter on (was AM) sucker drove off the bed full throttle clipping a cabinet corner, and broke an arm...

when I was trying out my savage X that I got used I put the warmer in pulled the cord the thing went flying WOT flipped, and completely destroyed my glow plug warmer when it skid 25-30 feet on its shell with it still coneccted. Took engine out of it, and replaced with a new one after that as the sucker had to have some nasty air leaks cause even with the carb fully closed with no idle gap even it was reving to high hell. Other people told me that engine was extremely problematic later on when I mentioned it, and notorious for air leaks. Real reason I was upset was I really liked that glow plug warmer as it had built in voltage gauge and they stopped selling the model as its replacement from the same manufacturer had no gauge