RCU Forums - View Single Post - What "dumb" things have you done in relation to R.C.?
Old 04-03-2013, 07:27 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: What

well ive doen heapse of Dumb things....

but the ones I have done accedently

Painted a body with Tamiya plastic paint (hobby shop has now sepperated the paints to advoide confusion)
My first nitro I ranout of range at full throttle.... straight into a curb
linked the battery to the BEC output for a LED kit.... Smoked the ESC
Turned of controller for my drift car & it drove off and it scratched out kitchen bench top
Crashed head on with a mates car, it destroyed both cars front suspension
Used my foot to stop a nitro revo... my ankle swelled up
Picked up a nirto touring car by the exhaust.... it was so hot it just sliped out from my hand and burnt all my fingers

but my all time best.... when I was about 10, I built a Nitro boat that used a above water propeller much like a swamp boat. I was so proud of it so I took it to school for show and tell. during the day I was playing around with it, Winding up the propeller on the starterspring and letting it go.....

I wound it up to much and the spring came off the propella and straight through my finger under extreeme tension.
I had to hold the spring so it wouldent rip a chunk of my skin out while the teacher had to slowly turn the boat over & over & over to unwind the spring. funny stuff because the boat was a good 14" long, once the tension was wound out, I had to un hook my skin much like a fish hook.
there was blood everywhere... good thing I painted it red lol (back then my blood cloting time was 11min) so u can imaging the mess