RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 brushless motor help
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 09:09 PM
iexion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/8 brushless motor help

Hobbywing xerun 150 Amp esc. Hobbypartz.com or nitrorcx.com has them (when in stock) I have one that im currently using in my e-revo. I also set it up in my 1/7 Ofna DM-1 (slightly bigger then the ofna 1/8) and much like the e-revo, it runs just fine. For the esc & motor combo its about $200 shipped. The only thing I don't like about the combo is the ESC tuning/programing box. The box is suppose to allow you to tune "on the fly" but for some reason after I updated the box, it says it still needs the update [&:]!??!
In other words, in order to tune the esc, the esc gets connected to the > programing box connected to the computer.
Your supposed to be able to just go from esc > programing box. So if i want/need to tune the esc I have to plug it into a computer (which is what I do)

Anyways imo its one of the best "bang for your buck" brushless combos you can get on the market today.
On 4s its pretty good all round. On 6s you will end up either needing to re-glue your wheels or your just tare them apart and need new ones.