doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Mystic Plans

ORIGINAL: AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

There is a ''Mystic'' on the AMA plans list:
Jeff,

no doubt.

What I do doubt is that it's Hanno's Mystic. Maybe someone who has access to that AMA info can shed a little more light on who designed that Mystic and what kind of model it is. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't even a pattern design.

There are a bunch of designs named Mystic, Illusion, Tsunami, Vortex and the like. Not all of them are classic pattern designs. In fact, there is no copyright on model names as far as I can tell. It appears that there is little copyright on just about anything RC model related come to think of it.

The re-creation of Hanno's Mystic (to whatever extent it can) would be a tribute in my view rather than a copyright violation. The latter concept is more akin to throwing fuel on to a non existent fire. Were there a factory in Asia pumping out Hanno Mystics by the container full, well, that would be a little different.

David

PS BTW, most of the above is not a reply to your post - just further general thoughts on the subject. I didn't intend it to come across as a "skeptical post" on my part.