RCU Forums - View Single Post - What to look for when buying a used 1/5 scale gasser?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:55 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: What to look for when buying a used 1/5 scale gasser?

ORIGINAL: Microz

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Microz

Cool thanks guys! I'll look into my options then and decide on one. Shouldn't be hard to tune a gasser engine correct?
much easier than tuning a nitro.
Basically, you tune it once after running it the 1st time and you shouldnt have to tune it again (unless you change the engine, muffler ect)
Same as a weedwacker. Tune it in the spring...run it all summer that way.
Only issue you can get is that its possible to flood a 1/5 motor. Ive done it by not paying attention to what I was doing (started with the choke on, when the motor was already warm enough to start without it)
If you flood it, you have to open the throttle and pull it over many times.
Other than the occasional flooded engine, my KM baja never gave me any issues.
Oh okay sweet thanks! Thanks for the info on the choke too. By the way, which position is choke on? I have a weedwacker, and I guess I'm doing it wrong because I manage to flood it a lot! Is choke on when you pull the starter a couple of times and it doesn't start, and then you move the choke to the off position and it starts right up when you pull the starter?

well on a new gasser, it will have a decal or something showing which way is choke on, which is choke off.
but when you try to start the motor it will sound different whether the choke is on/off. Its usually a deeper sound with the choke on.