RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine Starter
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Goodie_2_Shoes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Engine Starter

ORIGINAL: drac1

Ben,

I use the Magnum geared starter with 2 x 3s 2200mah Lipo's in parallel. I have used this starter from my first YS 140. It turns over my YS 160's without any trouble.

I am also using this on my 170 and 175 cdi's. The only time it wouldn't turn over the 170/175, was in Mildura and Bendigo early in the morning on the first start of the day when there was a frost.

I now also have a Sullivan Dynatron with 2 - 2 x 3s LiPo's in parallel and then the 2 parallel packs in series, which gives me a 6s 4400mah battery for them cold morning starts. I still use the Magnum the rest of the time.

$69.95 at Tates.

Thanks Scott, I did have a look at those ones. If I am reinvesting in nitro I may as well plan nitro for my next f3a plane and buy a decent starter that will last. Are you coming down this way anytime soon? I should have the RX for the magic this arvo start programming tonight and maybe test flight this weekend. I've rebuilt Mel's trainer should that ready for its re-maiden this weekend also.

<o></o>

<style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0cm;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Cambria;mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}</style>