Old 04-07-2013, 09:40 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Engine Starter

ORIGINAL: Goodie_2_Shoes

ORIGINAL: drac1

Ben,

I use the Magnum geared starter with 2 x 3s 2200mah Lipo's in parallel. I have used this starter from my first YS 140. It turns over my YS 160's without any trouble.

I am also using this on my 170 and 175 cdi's. The only time it wouldn't turn over the 170/175, was in Mildura and Bendigo early in the morning on the first start of the day when there was a frost.

I now also have a Sullivan Dynatron with 2 - 2 x 3s LiPo's in parallel and then the 2 parallel packs in series, which gives me a 6s 4400mah battery for them cold morning starts. I still use the Magnum the rest of the time.

$69.95 at Tates.

Thanks Scott, I did have a look at those ones. If I am reinvesting in nitro I may as well plan nitro for my next f3a plane and buy a decent starter that will last. Are you coming down this way anytime soon? I should have the RX for the magic this arvo start programming tonight and maybe test flight this weekend. I've rebuilt Mel's trainer should that ready for its re-maiden this weekend also.

<o></o>

<style type=''text/css''> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:''Table Normal'';mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-parent:'''';mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0cm;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Cambria;mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}</style>
Hi Ben,

Is Mel going to let you fly her trainer after last time? lol.

I get home from work Tuesday night and set sail for Australia Wednesday night. Flying at Ballarat this weekend and then going to Sydney via Queensland for the nationals. The next time i will be at PFL will be for the May comp.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need to know anything.