RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airplane Pilots next 20 years.
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Airplane Pilots next 20 years.

Just recently received my April, '13 RUPANEWS. This is the Retired United Pilots Association. There is a lot of stuff concerning the Retirees yes I am one and a lot of interesting both personal and business information.

I thought that just maybe some tidbits would be of interests to active pilots and wanna' be pilots.The mag. is 45 pages. My inputs here are simply short paraphrased topics from longer discussions and articles. All info. here is from that magazine.

CEO Jeff Smisk came from Continental Airlines in 2010. His salary then was 4.4 million dollars that year. As United Continental Holdings, Inc. completed its first full year, 2012, his compensation soared to 14.7 million dollars.

The 2012 Boeing Pilot and Technician Outlook, a respected industry forecast of required aviation personnel, cites a need for 460,000 new pilots and 601,000 new maintenance technicians over the next 20 years.

Boeing announced it will relocate all full-flight simulators and other services from Seattle to Miami FL, starting with two 787 training suites.

In another article, Boeing states that the industry will need 4000 part 121 pilots (ATP) each year. ( Total years not mentioned in this discussion)

Lots of funnies such as a rather long article by a seasoned flight attendant stated in two different areas: (1.) new short skirt uniforms: "Perhaps United Logos on crotches would be a nice additional marketing tool." (2) Complaining about help distribution: "Economy (class) workers volunteering to help in Business and First Class will be as rare as intelligence in United's management."

In my opinion reading this issue, I think that UAL "mamngement" has not improved since I left 17 years ago. [8D]