RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Gee Bee Z
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:09 PM
maneba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Gee Bee Z

ORIGINAL: lomcevac540T

I got my cowling tack glued to the cowl ring and I think it is going to work pretty good. Plan to glass it together tonight and make it permanent. Sure cleans up the outside of the cowl with no mounting bolts protruding.
I have changed my mind and installed a Mintor 33cc instead of the 22cc. The engine fits completely inside the cowl with only a cut for the exhaust pipe. Should be plenty of power. I decided to do this because the weight of the 33cc is the same as a 180 four stroke and I didn't want to have to add weight with the 22cc. Plus... these things were supposed to be racers right?
Please check your version of Mintor. Is it from a new batch of engines or is it an old version? Here in Italy (where Mintor builts their engines) there was been a lot of non conformity regarding the bearing between the cranckshaft and the piston rod. A friend of mine discover a play in the piston rod and sent it back to the factory. They have replaced the bearings, the piston rod, and the piston.
Now there is the "New Mintor" established with a new associate.
Hope your motor is a good one or maybe you should contact your vendor.

IMHO
DLE 30 are more reliable, less expensive and you can find replacement parts everywhere ( i own two DLE 30 ).
Or if you can afford the price, OS GT 33 is the best.