RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCU is really starting to suck
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 05:49 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: RCU is really starting to suck

Guys, I totally understand your frustration about not knowing what is going on. And I have to admit that until last weekend I was pretty much in the dark as well. But after meeting people from IB last weekend, and participating in conference calls with them that has completely changed. I will now make all of you this promise, just as soon as I know something I will pass it on to you as a community. In the past there was several "blocks" in the flow of information from IB to RCU, and vice versa. But those blocks are now gone and you'll be seeing info flowing from IB quickly now.
As I have said, IB is fast tracking the transfer of RCU to VBulletin. As was mentioned above in this thread, the sheer size of RCU makes this an undertaking that is simply huge. If I had a date to give you for the transfer I would give it. But right now IB is making their second attempt at moving us. When they purchased RCU they didn't realize the full size of this site and thought it would be an easy transfer. But because of the size of the site, and the highly modified custom platform RCU was/is running on, the initial attempts to move us went wonky. At the end of 2012 IB stepped back to scratch, came up with a new game plan, allocated the money to do this right, and is now going at it again with a different approach. As soon as they can get a target date for the transfer they will pass it to me and I'll pass it down to RCU.
I know that it doesn't seem to be getting better, but it is slowly. IB is currently migrating us to a faster server cluster in order to make things run faster now, and make the transfer to VBulletin go smoothly. There are other backend changes going on as well that are going to make life in the short term better.
My goal for today is to get on the phone to IB and find out when we can expect to get our images back. I know that is huge and I'll do what I can toexpeditethe process
Hope this helps
Ken