View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 09:01 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: RCU is really starting to suck

ORIGINAL: doxilia

However, as you mention above, the existing content and the effort and time put into the creation of a build thread that spans years is unquestionable. One can have a site with all the bells and whistles and latest software (which is nice I admit) and hardware upgrades but if the "history" of a site cannot be preserved in any and all of those transitions, you (not you personally) will wind up with a group of disenchanted members.

In short, the preservation of threads (especially the "craft build threads", although all of them are important) is not only a priority, it is of cardinal importance. If the broken threads which are now a vestige of their original selves are not restored to 99% (I'll offer a 1% margin for human error), there will be a massive migratory flock from this site to other more fertile pastures (birds and mammals alike will be moving earth and sky). The initiator and founder of the forum I frequent the most (classic pattern) has already publicly stated he's left and that was a sad reality check.
Trust me, as the author of several very long build threads nobody knows this better than I do. So I'd be just as upset with my threads disappearing as any of you would be!!

Ken