RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vailly Aviation Stinson L5 Sentinel quarter scale build
Old 04-13-2013, 02:16 AM
Azzir325

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vailly Aviation Stinson L5 Sentinel quarter scale build

April 7, 2013 I wanted to post since it has been a while now. I have both ailerons done to include cap strips and shaping. I haven't cut for the hinges yet, but that's a small job. I built one flap. That was a little bit more tricky then the ailerons because it has an airfoil shape to it and those 3/32nd cap strips don't like to curve. Also, the balsa leading edges provided were of the "rock" balsa variety and proved a challenge to shape and sand, but as I said, one is done. I got an urge to shape up the leading edge of the wing I built, but then I realized I needed to sheet the forward part before I do that, and that is what I am starting on now. Again, the 3/32nd sheets are kind of hard and don't like to bend, but I have one piece in place and the glue is drying under about 20 pounds of lead. After the wing sheeting is in place, and before I cap strip, I am going to try my wing push rod ideas to see if they are feasible. If it works out, I will build my servo mounts and hatches as appropriate and move on to the right wing.