RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 07:56 AM
jlmaviation
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

I am going to chime in again in regards to the incorrect design of honey comb. I attached a link early on in the thread. As an engineer I will give my assessment which correlates to the university profs that provided expert opinions. Flutter can be caused by several things. Loose control surfaces which this did not have. The other is a soft flimsy airframe. When we fly our models the air is not perfectly smooth. We can feel the bumps when we fly in full size as turbulance. When an airframe moves thru the air there are bumps in that air. A certain amount of flexing will occur an will transfer the stresses in the airframe. When well designed there will be no problem. If the airframe is too flexible and has week areas like bulkheads that can't transfer and absorb the energy a system breakdown will occur. The airframe started to twist transferring to the bulkhead and stab. This occurred over several flights. The material experienced fatigue because the use of materials is not correct. This fatigue will get worse more flexing occurs and than system breakdown.

Dubd hold your ground and keep this thread civilized so it will stay open. If this was a US based business they would have much to answer for. This is a problem with over seas. They need to fix this.