RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:32 AM
jack744
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Dudb, I am sorry for your loss as I have lost a few jets also but not had the total loss of turbines and equipment that you have had. I have been following this thread since you started it and have taken note of the opinons and speculations that could have caused your jets problems. I am wondering what FEJ F-14's that have the honeycomb construction like dudb's have the most flights on it or are there others that have as many or more. And how many FEJ F-14's that have the plywood construction that are flying how many flights they have and what type of linkage they all have that has not had flutter yet. I have a FEJ F-14 that is one of the first generation ones and it has all plywood construction. It has not flown yet but hoping to have it ready to fly by this fall. It has had a taxi test . Upgrading the gear and putting some Kingtech G model turbines in it also. It is a heavy jet but it looks to be built well. I do hope that you can work something out with FEJ to help you with your loss and that they will address what design problems they may have had with your jets construction and also that FEJ will keep trying to improve their designs and construction techniques to improve the jets they sell and offer to the jet modelers in the future. I know the emotions and feelings you are dealing with as I have walked in your shoes also. Good luck in the future with the jets you chose to build and fly as I do enjoy seeing your posts and pictures and videos(not the crash ones) and I hope to meet you sometime at a jet rally in the near future to commend you for this thread and the others that you have done. Thanks !!