RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:35 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

ORIGINAL: Wap4life

Don't really want to get into this but i will make this my last post in this thread, I think

Invertmast- if this was a legal issue and someone got hurt, regardless if it was a fej or bvm jet flying 250mph or 1 mph. The manufacturer, Pilot and builder would be sued. All 3 parties will have different attorneys and all point the finger at each other. FEJ & Dubd would probably have little to no liability. ''known defect'' - will not explain, read thread. Remember the McDonald's coffee case? Lady spilled coffee in her lap and file suit against mcd's for the coffee being to hot. 2mil verdict against mcd's later appealed and she walked away with $200k i believe. Things happen in court.
Which is exactly my point. In our sue happy society now, where everyone is out for a quick easy buck, they are going to go after EVERYONE that was involved, from the pilot/owner to the manufacturer and everyone in between.
Any decent lawyer is going to do his homework to get as much money as possible, which involves doing research. If this happens again and they research well enough and know where to go, they could find out that this model has a checkered past.
It wouldnt be hard to convince a jury full of people who see us as "rich guys with expensive toys" that the known issues of a particular manufacturers models have had a checkered past and that with some research from all defendants involved an incident could of been avoided.

I bring this up as we have to police ourselves and require higher standards from not just FEJ, but All manufacturers involved in this hobby. If even the "xx manufacturer" fanboi's cant see that scenarios like this could be bad for us all, then we are already doomed. At the end of the day, if someone gets their feelings hurt bc someone doesnt trust a particular model at an event, then the owner needs to suck it up and prove to them why it should be allowed

One instance could be just bc of a bad build, but when numerous models from the same manufacturer have the same problem, youve got to uncover your eyes and see the freight train coming at you at the end of the tunnel. Its not just a coincidence!