RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 10:15 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

ORIGINAL: 1/2 time show

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

ORIGINAL: JimBrown

I have no idea if this will help or not, but here is the pertinent bits of the original video run through a video stabilizer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unwq7IpNLIQ

...jim
I'd like to say many thanks to this guy for his contribution of slowing down the video to capture what actually happened, and allowing the cause of the crash (design & structural flaws) to come to light. The stabs began flapping (fluttering). That resonated to the fuse, thus causing the fuse to twist. Whereby, breaking the aft bulkhead, and allowing more twisting on the fuse combined with further flutter leading to total loss of control.
Also, luckily, there was a video of the flight too.
FEJ can't wiggle out of this one.
Thanks!!
that video showed nothing more that a flutter that could of been prevented. I showed him what I did to my linkage before he ever flew his jet but he had a expert say that he did need to do this small mod. So how come no blame is being passed to this expert. all you guys are jest guessing that the bulkheads failed. in fact the flutter caused every thing that happend

B-1 Bob

when FEJ are outlawed only outlaws will fly FEJ
Bob, I understand that folks should apply mods to fix known issues to prevent them from happening. My question to you is why didn't FEJ apply that mod if it was a critical fix to their new jets? Moreover, why did they tell Dantley that it wasn't necessary? Your jet most likely survived because you had ply formers. Either way FEJ is at fault. Either they didn't correct the elevator flutter issues you reported needed modification or the honey comb formers gave way, causing the flutter (like the bulk of experienced pilots here believe). Pick your poison bud. Bottom line all fault, whether it's one or the other points to FEJ IMO. AND, they tried to bribe the owner into sweeping this issue under the carpet. It now also appears that they are trying to force the mods to take the OP thread down. Cudos to RCU for taking a stand against that.