RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is Hobbico dumping Super Tigre glow engines?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:41 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Hobbico dumping Super Tigre glow engines?

I just received the new Tower Talk mailer from Tower Hobbies today, and I noticed that the new mailer only listed four models of Super Tigre glow engine. The GS-40, GS-45, the G2300, and the G3250 are the only four models in the new mailer.

By coincidence, a visit to Tower's website also shows these same four models as the only four in stock. All of the other models of airplane engine are listed as "Order Pending." If Tower (Hobbico) is ordering more, why aren't they showing up in a TowerTalk catalog that is valid through June 30th?

At the very least, this indicates that another prolonged period of unavailability for Super Tigre engines and parts should be expected. For Tower to not even list the products in the mailer at all, however, seems to indicate that something more serious may be happening. Even when Super Tigre engines and parts were back-ordered for long periods in years past, Tower Hobbies has still listed engines whether or not they were currently available.

With Hobbico no longer distributing GMS' own brand of engine, nor using them for Tower Hobbies brand engines any longer, does this signal the end for the Super Tigre line here in North America as well?

Has anybody else heard anything about this, or do you all just think it's another case of GMS switching over to making lawn furniture or bicycle rims for a few months while they waited for their last production run of Super Tigre engines to run out?