RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 04-17-2013, 02:14 AM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

@Everyone,

Hey, post some times that you might be free to do a Phoenis fun fly with live rb blather! btw, he committed to me

@rb, thanks for poking me on the 500...I charged my new battery and took her for a fly today. First I thought I'd upgrade to 4.02....didn't work...duh, I knew it wasn't and ''S''...put 4.01 on, it was fine. Definitely handled the wind better (12 mph gusts to 23). But it did have a bounce on pitch input so some tweaking is needed there (turned pitch gain down to 32 from 35, no change. I still feel suspicious about those 510's....). Worst was a terrible high ptiched whine the whole flight....motor bearing have gotten pretty bad. So do I replace bearing in the old low power 500L or just get a new motor? Anyone have experience with this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ize_heli_.html

Everyone's input is appreciated

Best,
Ken

Hiya Ken!

I'm going to try to reserve tomorrow PM to get my Phoenix up and runnin' again. (Lemme see, if it's 1300, Thursday, April 18th MY time then it's Tuesday, April 11th 1967 0900 YOUR time right?)

My ALIGN 500 Flew TERRIBLY out of the box. It "chucked". So's I replaced the rubbers with more stiff ones. Nawp, Read the forums. Upped the motor output a bit. Nawp. Read the forums. Upped it some more. Hmmm?? But Nawp. Finally did 100 100 100 100 100 and that joker flies GREAT. It seems that the Align ESC wants full output. I called the behavior of "bounce" on pitch "chucking". I still get "chucking" when I fly with a weak battery or when the battery becomes weak.

Upon reading about that particular heli I found simply that my problem was inherent in it's design. My only experience was with Hobby King and their propensity to "under rate" their motors and ESC's. When you buy their product that joker has more UMPH that it's rating. Align (or at least the 3 year old version that I have) spec their suff EXACTLY as it says on the box. Imagine that as I was slipping away from these God awful Hobby King helis (forgive me Rob) and I have finally "arrived" with a genuine Align and it flew like CRAP! My HK500GT was wonderful and I get me a posh git genuine Align and DOH!?!

Straight 100's solved my issue all together.

As for bearings I would go that route 1st if it's the original motor. My HK motor no longer exists on their site but my experience with the Scorpion knock off has been good. Just read what the forums say for quality if you go that route.

All the best!

b