RCU Forums - View Single Post - Schweighofer/Hanno Prettner Curare ARF build
Old 04-17-2013, 06:58 AM
pvogel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Schweighofer/Hanno Prettner Curare ARF build

ORIGINAL: stuntflyr

ORIGINAL: pvogel

Build went quick and cleanly. Unfortunately due to weather and my own idiocy (I had it on my list of stuff to check and forgot before setting up the ESC/BEC) I fried the landing gear control electronics with 8v (it's only rated for 6) so I got the gear replaced last week but was in Riverside for the contest this weekend and Dale's sprinter didn't have room for my dear departed Griffin AND the Curare so it hasn't had a maiden yet. Aiming for late this week.

Peter+

Dear departed Griffin, Pete?
Chris...

The right wing broke in half in flight, just past the end of the wing tube. (No, I wasn't attempting a snap roll, I was entering the 2nd of two consecutive loops and adding a little aileron to compensate for the wind at my back blowing the plane out when it made a horrible noise, slowed dramatically, and, since I was concerned something had gone wrong with the motor I dropped to idle and it went into a spin, the 1/2 of the right wing departed the aircraft (I thought it was the canopy until we found the canopy on the fuse in the wreckage) and I was unable to recover from the spin :-(

Peter+