RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is Hobbico dumping Super Tigre glow engines?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:50 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Is Hobbico dumping Super Tigre glow engines?

I was trying to start a debate but not many jumped in plus I like picking on sportpilot. Yes in the right hands any plane can be made out of balsa. it would take some very good modeling skills to make the Beast model thats just like the UM one with solid sheeted fuselage and all and to keep it at the same weight.

Anyway back to Supertiger.

I will let you guys in on a secret. well two secrets

Of most of the sport engines out there the Super tiger carbs are the best metering ones out there plus they can be opened up more for modded engines. the next secret is take the super tiger 45 engine and throw on a gold or black Jett muffler with a 10x6 - 9x8 prop and look at the power it makes. more than anyother 46 (bone stock) with same muffler. Infact most of the others will not work on that muffler. The same ST 45 on this Supertiger muffler http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFW05&P=7 is also a great performance set up. There is one problem with the ST g 500 muffler is that it doesnt last long. The inner tube/header is just pressed in and comes out over time. Also the outer chamber is pressed on and then crimped. oh and just so most know ST was the first to come out with the1/4 wave muffer/tuned muffler then others copied it and some then put a patient on it hence no more ultra thrust mufflers.