RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 1/4 Scale P 18 Super Cub
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Rellic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hangar 9 1/4 Scale P 18 Super Cub

Wow!
I been away from herelots lately due toflying, went through a full gallon and some of smoke oil last week.
Read your Float weight of 1150g & 1170g Ken and was amazed that the ARF Built-up Floats are that HEAVY!!!.
This winter I built a set of Glass Over /Foam Core 53"Floats for My 110 Rascal, lightply center splined deck tokeel, tip to tail,1/2" x 1"full length top backbone for alternate mounting options and painted waxed and flight ready come in at 1134g each. Thinking this at another 4.5 / 5 lbs (with gear & fasteners) extra weight and performance loss Istarted a set of Balsa USA 1/4Edo Floatsand so far sheeted, inner sealed, glassedand primed,mounting rigging on,they are 420g each.

Idint think the extra glasslaminate you added contributed massively tothis overall weight Ken but I for surewould not be adding too much in the way of flotation/strengthening foam to the HH 1/4 Scale Floats. They is Damn Heavy eh!

FWIW Slocan 48" Foam Core Glass over V bottom primed and ready for paint at under $200.00 come in at 360g.

Brian T.