RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~Sig Kadet Brotherhood~~.
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 06:44 AM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: ~~Sig Kadet Brotherhood~~.

ORIGINAL: GaryHarris

ORIGINAL: flyingagin

ORIGINAL: GaryHarris

Hope your feeling better soon Ken.
The muscle strain around the left eye is already gone. So that is al ready a plus, just have to wait for the incension healing now.

Hope to be able to work on my planes in a day or two at least for short stretches.

Ken

Hope it goes well Ken. Prayers up!
Thanks Gary

Now on a Kadet note.

Continuing the Kadet derived design for the tri motor biplane.
I found a rib template for my Kadet Jr. The newly redesigned wings will be built more like the wing for the Sr. There will be 2 interplane struts, with functional wire rigging. The wings will still be 9” chord, but stretched to 54” from the original 48”, area will be 972sq” total. I intend to make 2 piece wings and join them at the center with joining tubes and just leave the upper and lower halves attached to each other. The fuse will be deeper, wider, and longer than the Jr fuse and bigger tail feathers a course. Power is intended to be three .15s. This is a much smaller design than I originally came up with but more practical for a small apartment build. Keeping a lot of the features I discussed earlier such as three vertical stabs and the inverted gull wing lower wing, and pod mounted (between the wings) outer engines.

I will start a separate build thread when I start cutting wood, so I don’t clutter this fine thread.

Ken