RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club Mills!
Thread: Club Mills!
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 07:42 PM
gossie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Club Mills!

ORIGINAL: fiery

Howard,

Name and details of that twin-fin trike ship in you post above please.

Very elegant.
The model is a replica of the winning Scramble model from the 1956/7 & 1957/8 Australian Nationals, designed and built by Cyril Marsdon in Melbourne. Original Mills.75 power in original and mine.

Cyril passed away over three years ago now and as we had been friends for many years I was given his original model. I restored it, and did a plan of it that was sent to Mike Glaister in Melbourne for him to do a profesional plan.
The model was not flyable as was too heavy etc, and the engine was very worn.
I offered the model to David Owen as an Australian design to be the model of the meet at the Muswellbrook meet next month and it was accepted. Plan from Mike was sent to "Brownie" in the Blue Mountans NSW to have a kit made for those that do it that way.

Original model is 36in span but laser kit model has been increased to 42in for some reason...........I know not why??????????? Original model now resides with the Potter family in NSW for safe keeping.

If you would like an original plan please contact mike dot glaister at gmail dot com I should think $20.00 would cover the cost including postage.

My original hand drawn plan has gone to the UK and two are being built from it.