Thread: nitro
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 02:08 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: nitro

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: Foxy

For a couple of runs on asphalt, his engine won't suffer from having a dry filter until his oil arrives. It's not worth using a substitute oil if the real stuff is coming in a few days. My recommendation is not to run it til you get the oil, but if you do, I doubt it'll come to any harm running a dry filter, as long as you stick to asphalt and low dust environments.

As for the stuff on WD40... If it had a violent reaction with nitromethane, it would be well known. It's perfect for getting between a surface and moisture. Is it ideal? No. Will it do in a pinch? Yes.
Well Mr. Fox... I'll have to agree to disagree.

I just need to quit giving any advice in the car forums... The kids know everything, and the adults know everything... The folks in between have to sift through what is bs and what isn't. I'm glad I have the experience I have; if I were new to the hobby I would be doomed to going electric in short order based on some of the opinions shared in these forums. Oh well, you can't win 'em all I guess.
have you ever seen some of the advice on the electric forums?
Hell look at people that post there wanting a basic RC for under $200 for a little kid to play with. You get people recommending 1/8th MT's that go damn near 50mph, and require dual lipos, and whatnot that cost over $500

On topic filter oil if running it dry on asphalt where there is little to no dust won't kill it(as foxy said 3 posts or so back). I've done it at one point when I was waiting for my bottle of filter oil to come in with my one truck, and that engine still runs fine. Now if its a dusty environment I'd say wait.

As for ARO if the RC is gonna be ran daily or every few days its not needed, if being stored, or you have 2+ weeks in between planned running's I'd use it.

I swear remembering reading there was an RC company that said to use WD40 as an ARO at one point (think it was traxxas for some reason)