RCU Forums - View Single Post - ***CUB BROTHERHOOD***
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 07:21 PM
rcfighterjock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ***CUB BROTHERHOOD***

Hello to all my Cub brothers! As promised, here's the update on the maiden flight of the old Goldberg Anniversary Cub that my wife Chris built as a Navy NE-1. After the horizontal snow that we had here on Friday afternoon, Saturday was a different story. Low 40's and light winds. Perfect day for a maiden flight. The pictures are as follows: first me prepping the plane before the flight, then the takeoff as it was slipping a bit before I got it trimmed. Third a low pass, fourth the proud builder after the flight (Cub Brotherhood # 175 1/2) and last the Iceman at his post ready for action! Final assessment: a bit of right aileron trim and about three clicks of down elevator had it flying like a trainer. Those that look close will notice the port wing strut detached from the fuse. No negative impact and no issues landing. Repairs are already complete. As for the landing, close the throttle and watch it land itself. This lady can build my planes anytime! 80.5 inch stretched wing and weighs in at 8 pounds. Turnigy 42-48-650 turning a 13x6.5 prop. 5s 3000 mah lipo putting out 800 watts at 45 amps. Goes like heck if I want it to, but floats along nicely when throttled back. Nav lights, but it was still a little too bright to get a good effect. Should have waited about a half-hour for the sun to go down a bit. We have another giant-scale military airshow performer here for sure. Time to open a cold one and celebrate. Thanks for all the support!

Dave and Chris Cub Brotherhood #s 175 and 175 1/2