RCU Forums - View Single Post - nitro
Thread: nitro
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 04:30 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: nitro

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

I don't understand why you would ''clean'' and ''protect'' with a product that doesn't mix with the fuel. I mean, WD40 is after all 45-50% stoddard solvent. I believe most stoddard solvents are napthalene based. Basically zippo lighter fluid. Cleaning one-way clutches with it? Why not use the solvent that the oils were dissolved into in the first place? Methanol works far better for cleaning than anything petrol based and it evaporates 10x faster than that WD40 crud. I mean... Doesn't Werks fuel work for cleaning too? The oils in that stuff is so fantastic, it should work for air filter oil too I would think. Or wd40.

I guess I tried to look at this WD40 phenomena from a logical standpoint. I asked myself what was so logical about using it in a model engine but I came up with nothing.. I should have kept my fingers quiet. I better put my helmet back on and buy brushless stuff.

WD-40 works the absolute best for cleaning the OWB....... and no the fuel itself works nowhere near as well....WD-40 dissolves gummed castor instantly.....

sometimes theory amounts to absolutely nothing....just have to get your elbows dirty and try something and see for yourself what works and what doesn't

and any ATF based afterun is a massive no no in my books...I would use WD-40 1000 times over any of that red ARO crap they sell....the nastiest rustiest engines I have seen used the red crap, and whats worse is that red crap will destroy the silicone filler used in most race engines........

personally I do not use any ARO..I just shut my engines down and leave them be..I dont runt hem dry I actually purposely leave fuel in them......I never have rust, and always open my engines to see a thick layer of oil coating over everything.....But this is not something I would recommend with most of the crap fuels sold today....