RCU Forums - View Single Post - nitro
Thread: nitro
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 04:40 AM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: nitro

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Wasn't your fault buddy, I mentioned WD40 in one of the early responses. Seems I've drawn the wrath of the glow purist crowd with my irresponsible and dangerously inappropriate advice.
Well that's the only problem with public forums. I feel that different opinions are a good thing and let people make decisions that work for them. Through research on the forum and the Internet in general, you can usually get an answer that you feel has merit by the number or responses that are typically the same. The problem I have is when people post their opinion as fact which happens all too often.

Things like...if you spray wd40 in your engine it will expand and crack the block! "after all, it displaces moisture and that moisture has to go somewhere". See what I mean, you can almost make anything sound like it makes sense. Maybe a lot of our members are chemists by trade and just know better than us dummies. I'm a simple guy who's technically oriented. I troubleshoot elevators by trade which have evolved ten fold over the years. As far as the cars go, I've probably been in the hobby far longer than many of the members but I'm not ashamed to take advice from them when needed.