RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMR Trainer 26
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 05:32 PM
lumpy649
My Feedback: (75)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMR Trainer 26

I decided to move on to another aspect of kit building.....the dreaded covering. In my opinion it can make or break the look of a model. I started with the small parts, the rear feathers. It took me alot of time but I'm satisfied with the outcome. I used Solartex, nice product to work with. How I approached it is I cut strips 3/4' wide and ironed it on the edges. Then I cut out pieces of Solartex in the pattern that I needed but slightly larger of course. After appling the covering I used a steel rule, held it against the edge and trimmed the remainder material off and ironed around the edges. I know I took some extra steps and added alot of time, but it was worth it. I don't have much experience with covering and my concern was getting it on as nice as I could. I'm not liking how the rear fin is going to glue on, not much material there, where the 2 tenons insert thru the horizontal stab. They don't even extend down thru the bottomofthe stab. I'm thinking of putting some extensions on and pinning them. Then also cut thru the fuse so the extend into the fuse and then I'll pin them again. AMR recommends glueing tri stock along the bottm of the fin at the fuse to add strength, but I don't know if I'll like the look. I'll have to do a mock up. I also installed magnets in the fuse and front hatch cover to hold that shut.

lumpy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49877.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	1875021   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13751.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	1875022   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24384.jpg
Views:	42