RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 04-22-2013, 05:31 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ORIGINAL: Rob2160
Here is my lesson for the evening....
Tonight I decided to cycle the batteries in my 2 JR11xs.....
Disabled the inactivity timer and left them both turned on....Forgot about them....
Then tried to watch a movie on my Apple TV... which has worked flawlessly for months....
Couldn't get a movie to play.. couldn't stream anything via the laptop or direct from ITunes... What the!.....
Spent hours troubleshooting.. testing a 2nd Apple TV.. same result....No joy.. reconfigured both of them from scratch... nothing worked...a night wasted....
The low voltage alarm goes off on TX number 1..... I turn it off....A few minutes later, same thing on TX2.. I turn it off..
Presto.. the Apple TV suddenly works flawlessly again.....
Rob is an idiot!.....
If your client supports 5Ghz, then you could try configuring the apple tv to use this instead of 2.4. This should get around the issue.

It would also be interesting to select a model memory that does not have anything bound to it and see if you get the same issue. I would assume that the tx would not be transmitting anything as it has nothing to transmit to if not bound.

Thats a good question.. I'll try it tomorrow with an empty model memory... Don't think the router has 5Ghz... Never been a problem in the past... Having two radios switched on for hours yesterday was a once off...