RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Volcano Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 09:55 PM
lilruss0810

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

ok. So I have been in the nitro world for a few months now and I own two vehicles. The first is my redcat volcano. It ran great for a couple of months. Now I drive my other a lil more and I tried to get the redcat back out yesterday. It will prime and run great. Idling good. Turn my trim down and start driving. Drives good. Then when I go full out speed runs. It will run like crazy. Nice blue stream of smoke and everything. Hit the breaks to sling it around and (if) it cuts off. It will not crank again until it has sat there for a few min and cooled off. Then it repeats. I have gotten pretty good (not that great) at setting needles on my jato, and I can get it to run great (sometimes) lol. But anyway, does anyone have an explanation for this. Im stumped. I even set my buddies redcat up for him and never a bit of trouble at all. Ive learned to do all kinda stuff. He brings his to me when he needs something fixed. Ive read quite a bit on these and it seems my sleeve and piston arent seating when they get hot. But ive always ran it rich. Never lean. When it idles, it even has spots of nitro that it spit out. Please help because I'm getting very irritated and I have messed with this truck for several hrs. Oh idle 1/8th open, ln 2.5 turns out from bottom, hn is 2.75 turns out.