RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III
Old 04-26-2013, 12:00 AM
sgbfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Hi guys,

Took the beast for a fly today at the oval and had some fun in FF. Did 6 packs, and it was starting to get dark by the 6th pack.

I am not sure if I like the LH gy520 gyro that much. There is a drift in it to the right. Tried to adjust the linkage rod and then adjusted the limits, but that did not work. There is also a bit of nodding in the cyclic during FF, that is, the tail bouncing up and down. This suggests a slightly bent main shaft as I cannot get the blades to track properly.

Other than that, towards the end of the day I was flying FF, then as I am turning, I climbed and did some piros, then came bak towards myself. So I was quite happy with that.

Sadly, the keychain cam had no juice left in it, and Im sorry about that.
Hi Kozzy,

Mems gyros are vibration sensitive and if there is a vibration problem it often shows up as a tail drift in hover. Very often it's a high frequency vibration so check out the tail shaft, grips, blades. The nodding is your main shaft and blade track - fix this first and it may clear up your tail issues too! If not then it's likely something that spins fast!

Simon