RCU Forums - View Single Post - .28 in a funfactor? oh dear....
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 05:37 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: .28 in a funfactor? oh dear....

I didn't start this.. It was always in your blood. I started this hobby back in the 80's with crappy electrics from tamiya and thankfully a Kyosho Burns buggy.. that was fun!!! I fell into touring cars when I got invited to one of the races a few years ago..I was hooked after that. We tend to run the older cars because they are cheaper to obtain and parts are still available on ebay etc. As for the Sprint2.. alot of the guys have switched to them. they are not too expensive, parts are plentiful and cheap and they handle reasonably well. You won't be as competitive as some of the Associated cars, but its much more durable and just as fast. If you are really serious, get a purpose built car. If its friendly (like what I do) enjoy the Sprint 2.. That car is based off the RS4 anyway and some of the parts are interchangeable. One thing I really like about the races I go to is nobody cares who wins, most of the races start off ok, but major crashing at the first turn. remember its dark out and all the cars look the same with the lights. Nobody complains about accidents and parts breakage.. We just go inside and grab a box of community parts and fix the cars.. 30 minutes later we are out again trashing the cars again. It doesn't hurt that the track is down the road from my home. less than a quarter mile.. And the food is good too..LOL