RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top-Flite 1/5th F4U Corsair ARF Group Build and modification thread
Old 04-26-2013, 03:43 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top-Flite 1/5th F4U Corsair ARF Group Build and modification thread

Wm

As I said my first build was by the book, on maiden it flew good but at altitude when you solwed it done it was squirley, had to hold a bunch of down and we had the trim all the way, we got it down and went back to the shop did some calucations and and found that 5 1/2 was the point, but beeing a old geeeser and not absoultly sure of my calc's I went with 5 1/4 flew great but abit nose heavy but decided to go with it till I got used to it. On flight # 6 had an engine quit at about 10 to 15 ft and as all corsairs when with out power they are a brick. damage did not look to bad but it turned out to be a total lose,

So on the secound build I set the C/G @ 5 3/8 and have worked my way to 5 1/2 and I don't think I will change it further.

I have not seen the ARF up close and personal, and I am not by any strech an accomplished stand off scale guy the corsair was my first venture, If I were to do it again I would most likly do a build as I love building but I no now how to make it a lot lighter.

Sorry to being so long winded Hope this helps

Cheers Bob T
corsair Brotherhood #6
AMA13377