RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 03:54 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

ORIGINAL: FNQFLYER

Snr Telemaster, Hedidn't convert the engine to glo ignition he just put a glo plug in it without any of the ignition system attached and ran it. In fact he was surprised that it continued to run AFTER he took the glo driver off. If you can get hold of the article it makes for interesting reading.
Isn't that converting to glow ignition? The engine is now ignited by a glow plug instead of spark. Now we have the disadvantages of glow ignition as well as the smell, added heat & carbon of gasoline.

In all of my experiments, converting a Saito engine from glow ignition to CDI while still burning methanol based glow fuel has resulted in a HP increases of about 6%, 300 RPM lower reiable idle, 20% better fuel economy, easier starting & better user friendliness.

I tnink that most of the problems that people experienced W/the Saito 450R3D were related to glow ignition. The FG84 will eliminate that, but the use of gasoline will reduce HP, increase engine heat dramatically & most likely result in shorter engine life due to heat & carbon.

If Saito had utilized CDI like YS does in some of their 4-stroke high performance engines, I think te FA450R3D would have been a lot more successful.