RCU Forums - View Single Post - ASP/MAGNUM FS400AR Rebuild/Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 12:41 PM
fossmarkluni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ASP/MAGNUM FS400AR Rebuild/Overhaul

Remember the engine is running very rich during the first minutes and to be honest I really doubt a "lighter" prop would have made any change to the problem I experienced. There was loads of oil gushing out of the drain nipple and a healthy "heli" style smoke coming out of my exhaust. (yes, that means a lot of smoke ) I was really surprised to find out that the front end was running dry, I hope a plug in the drain nipple will improve the lubrication of the front. Needless to say I will be even more careful the next time I run the engine. Btw. has anyone experienced problems with plugging the drain? And one more thing, should the rocker arms and valves be lubricated manually every now and then? There was little oil up there.

Carosel43: Did you find your original ASP manual or didn't your engine have one?

The only thing I need to decide now is should I pull the front and check the cams and timing gears etc. (does anyone have a nice step by step instruction for setting the timing?) I guess it is just removing the cylinder heads and the push rod tubes and then I can pull the front end off.