RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM Dornier DO 335
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 03:11 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ESM Dornier DO 335

Well.....from the start of the takeoff roll to LVC was 4 mins 45 secs. Admittedly, I held full throttle throughout the flight as I didn't know how slow it could safely fly. With throttle management once airborne, I might get closer to 6 mins. However, that's still not at all comfortable. I had thought using such large capacity 8000mah packs might have provided a decent flight time since the same motor on my D9 with a 21x14 can fly 6 mins at full throttle. Granted, the D9 is lighter.
So....I could try testing the 2 blade spinner from the D9 and use a slightly larger diameter, lower pitch 2 blade prop on the front, but, damn....I don't want to scavenge a working setup from another plane.
Maybe I just pick up a 22x12 3blade. A little less pitch, but a larger diameter should push more air at slightly lower throttle. Opinions?

BTW.....I did order a 2nd set of 8000mah 6s batteries, so I will at least be able to fly the plane twice each time I take it to the field. Each battery costs $105 from hobbykings US warehouse. Hell of a lot cheaper then say thunderpower.