RCU Forums - View Single Post - ASP/MAGNUM FS400AR Rebuild/Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Carosel43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ASP/MAGNUM FS400AR Rebuild/Overhaul

AO, Some amaising work on the TF P40, very very impressive. But I must say if I had a 60 size warbird weigh 14lbs I think I might to cry in a corner for a while Also the YS120 is a very powerful engine so I am sure it took the 3 blades just fine, but it would have been better on 2. In any case its a very impressive model.

As for the solo props its a real suck it and see job I think. they really do look great but I wouldn't dream of using one on an engine that didn't have at least 1.7:1 reduction gearing on it as you can then use a scale Dia at nice low prop speeds while keeping the engine up at good rpm. There is a chap in Norway using a 24x12 3 blade prop on a Laser 200v with a 1.75:1 belt reduction drive. He gets about 4300 on the prop which is approx. 7500 on the engine which is perfect. The model looks fantastic I must say but without the gearbox it wouldn't work

EDIT: I just watched the video one one of the models (the corsair I think) has a lovely whistle to it! Nice to see so many models up at once