RCU Forums - View Single Post - Northeast Aerodynamics Twin Air .45 Short Kits
Old 04-29-2013, 05:05 PM
A6TEXAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Northeast Aerodynamics Twin Air .45 Short Kits

HEADS UP for the fellas intending on using the online PDF instructions for building their kits: In step #34 on page #76, it tells you to drill a 1/4" hole thru the guide holes in F2A/WDD into the wings leading edge and into the "ply dowel doubler" inside the wing. this is the first mention of the "ply dowel doubler". i suppose this is to be glued inside the wing behind the balsa sub leading edge during wing construction. without this ply doubler the 1/4" dowels are just going into balsa wood only in the leading edge.
i will have to cut into the bottom sheeting and insert a fashioned "ply dowel doubler" as i cannot locate this part in the kit.
as some can probably tell I have not built a kit in some years, as i should have caught this missing part way back in the build. LOL.

Also go ahead and open the sealed plastic bag and remove the "ply wing bolt block" and measure it. if it is like mine at 3-3/8" long
go ahead and cut another one to fit at 3-3/4" long. if you have to cut another block, dont forget to cut the angle along one edge to fit against F3