RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM F6F Hellcat Info?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: ESM F6F Hellcat Info?

Hay Bubby John,
I did some computer searches and found a picture of a F6F with a little color...I may just paint mine this way. This bird flew on the U.S.S. Bunker Hill, during WWII.

Thanks for the information...and where did you find a 17x10 3-bladed prop.

Iridium plugs are the Rolls Royce of spark plugs. When I was flying D-18's on a Fed-X run...we put Iridium plugs in the rear of the P&W 985's and standard plugs in the front. Iridium plugs are very clean burning plugs and do not foul out like standard plugs do. We took the rear iridium plugs out once every 1000 hours to clean and check, and the standard plugs every 100 hours of operation. The only down side is that the plugs cost three times what standard plugs cost. And when your buying 18 plugs per engine...that makes a big difference. I had an Iridium plug in my RCG 20cc gas engine...made a world of difference in starting, idle and top end. I was able to get 9,000 + RPM with my RCG 20cc gas engine on a Xoar 17x6 two blade prop...with an iridium plug. I can get them at NAPA for $12.00...and worth every cent you pay.

No real work on my model today...had lots to do and took the little lady out to a movie tonight.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29894.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1877981