RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMR Trainer 26
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 04:42 PM
lumpy649
My Feedback: (75)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMR Trainer 26

No, I haven't given up, just slow to post updates. The fuse was filled and sanded and then primed white, then sanded again. The wings have also been primed and sanded and I started to cover them tonight. The fuse has been covered in white solartex, it came out pretty good. All tail feathers have been covered. The horizontal stab has been epoxied on, I also drilled and pinned it with 1/8" dowel for added strength. Tonight I epoxied on the vertical fin, with one dowel pin in the leading edge to hold it in alignment with the center of the fuse. Even tho the progress has been slow with the covering, I think I can complete the plane by our clubs "beauty contest" in a week and a half. I've trial fitted the motor/mount and also have made the battery tray. I've also decided to mount the rudder servo in the tail to keep the linkage short. The landing gear has also been trial fit. I'm waiting for my wheels to come in. I also bought an Eagle Tree Systems Guardian stabilizer to install, It may give my girlfriend a little more confidence in learning to fly this plane. She's nervous about it, but I keep insisting to her that this plane will be WAY more stable than the little foamy I had her try last year. I just remind her that " bigger is better honey"!

lumpy