RCU Forums - View Single Post - ASP/MAGNUM FS400AR Rebuild/Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Heli-NuBee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ASP/MAGNUM FS400AR Rebuild/Overhaul

OK, sorry but I am posting a couple of things not related to the ASP 400, some of you folks may have and interest. First, I got my Saito 450 radial engine powered Gilmore Red Lion racer running for the first time today. I shot a very poor short video of it running http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkH7V...ature=youtu.be. Sorry for the poor quality but I could not see the screen in the bright sun light. I picked up this engine used in a trade with one of my club members. He tells me this engine has never been in a plane and only has about six bench runs. The engine ran pretty well but does need some run time and some fine tuning. One disappointing thing though was one of the cylinder mounting bolts on cylinder number one that attaches the cylinder to the crankcase broke during the initial runs. I think it is going to be a real pain to remove and replace the broken bolt. Also, I received my new Laser 300 V engine today. WOW! that engine is a real beautiful piece of mechanical art. If the Laser runs half as good as it looks, I will be a very happy camper. Sorry for all of this non ASP 400 related stuff but I am just an old big kid that is tickled with his new toys.

Best wishes and good safe flying.

Heli-NuBee (AKA Roger the radial rabbit)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26714.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1878111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13564.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1878112