RCU Forums - View Single Post - Picco P-zero 0.8cc
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:42 AM
DeviousDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Picco P-zero 0.8cc

ORIGINAL: AndyW

CP,

I mentioned that prop only because that's one I have on hand. But thanks for the info, I'll work towards that goal. HobbyKing asks for inventions/ideas that they can put into production. I've approached them with some of my work and we shall see.

We need an engine that will go fast for the combat guys and maybe with a tweak or two, the same engine can be used for RC.

I respect the design philosophy of the Cyclon etc. people, no doubt their engines are robust for a reason. But if the engine were equal in power at a far better price, would a disposable, combat engine gain traction? Say four for the same price of a Cyclon.
No doubt, a Cyclon type engine can be made in China but as with all Chinese products the devil is in the details. Sanye or whoever ends up making the engines likely doesn't have access or interest in paying for some of the alloys that make a Cyclon a Cyclon. Then there is the issue of fits and tolerancing..... you only have to look to the AP .061 and and GZ series engines for evidence of how close the ChiComs can get to being right on the money but doom themselves to mediocrity because some rice counter found a place to save $.30 in the manutfacturing process. The science of 2-stroke internal combustion engines is pretty well established, I have no doubt that the engine prints that the AP and GZ would operate as intended if actually MADE TO PRINT. All it takes is a needle that doesn't seal, glow buttons that are machined out of parrallel (Cough-Cough: CS .049) etc. to absolutely ruin an engine's reputation if the first few out the door end up being reviewed on the internet. Look at the stink behind passed around about the Norvel .40 gasser's glow plug threads as an example of that.... Not many people are saying it publicly but a lot of people are talking about it privately..