RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM F6F Hellcat Info?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: ESM F6F Hellcat Info?

Hay Bubba John,
That rudder took some time to work out. I had to move the hole for the control rod so far over...I had a huge hole left to deal with...once the rudder was properly set. I ended up using a Ni-rod tube to hold the control wire in...and then will epoxy all around the tube to hold it in to its proper place, while drying. Then on to the elevator... : )

This is really a remarkable model and I've always wanted to build a F6F. I have a U-build kit from Heritage RC for .60 size engines that I bought years ago and I may build this next as a night fighter version of the F6F.

No offence taken. I never flew a Super Electra...I've no information on this bird. By the way...the guy that gave me my check ride on the Howard 250 was a 75 year old-fart, that flew the L18 in WWII. What a character and what a ride... : ) ...it was a 2.5 hour check ride with one engine shut down most the time (that's right...he cut my right engine and feathered it-stated, nothing like the real thing to train a pilot)...to include missed approaches and holding...all done partial panel, to include a fixed card ADF approach to landing. Most pilots today have no idea what a fixed card ADF approach is...and I never flew a glass cockpit. I know I'm aging myself...but some ways...I miss the sounds and sights I once took for granted.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62044.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1878742   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30122.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	1878743