RCU Forums - View Single Post - Your choice of CA applicator tips?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:19 PM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Your choice of CA applicator tips?

ORIGINAL: ZAGNUT

i use these: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXB970&P=8 only i get them from a local lab supply for 1/4 the price but i have to get 100 at a time. they're called ''transfer pipettes'' and the nice part about the style packaged by DB is the long slender spout. at around 1/8'' they are way too fat to use as is but by grabbing the tip with pliers and gently pulling the spout will shrink down to almost hypo needle diameter...trim with a knife and you have the best possible glue applicator ever....works great for oil and for priming engines as well. the pipettes with the tapered spouts can't be modded like this.

.....they also make good F/F fuel tanks with a small filler hole added to the top of the bulb, and a short piece of silicone fuel tube to connect the other end to the spraybar. The long neck (which I usually end up shortening) allows plenty of leeway in routing, and while flexible, has sufficient stiffness to resist kinking. Very useful approximate timed engine runs for sport models where you don't want to use a timer for split second accuracy. And in my extensive experience, quite nitro and diesel fuel proof............

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'