RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM F6F Hellcat Info?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:28 PM
BubbasanJohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESM F6F Hellcat Info?

Bubba Bobby,
Damn that is one grand canyon of a hole on the elevator. I was thinking large but not like that.

Sounds like the Check flight pilot really enjoyed the plane. He sure put you thru the paces!!! Think that the fixed card ADF approach went out when planes like the loadstar and beech d18 were replaced by the caravans and ilk. Glass has come a very long way. is it better? not sure. doesall the advancements in glass panels create a less able pilot? Im not decided on that either. I think it comes down to individual temperment and training. Yeah, kinda like the old and bold pilot cliche but as the planes are more and more automated, are we putting more lives in danger? I think too much trust in instrments is as bad as not trusting them enough. Are modern pilots, say for example guys flying Fex-ex jets, less able than those flying the old twins radials? Is it fai to say that incedents/accidents could have been avoided if the crew had a more seat of your pants flying experience? Maybe that is an unfair question but as we move to more and more automation, are pilots jafos rather than fully in control?

Oh the super electra was what the what the lockheed loadstar was developed from. Actually Im just probing to find out your real age! hehehehe Kidding of course. Oh Ive included a NDB card for the old stapelton airport in denver.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68096.gif
Views:	101
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1878838