Old 05-05-2013, 04:33 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Operation of Brakes on Tx

ORIGINAL: Terry Holston

ORIGINAL: CraigG

ORIGINAL: mavrick

Seen that many planes bounce because of the down elevator mix application if you have to go for the picks before the aircraft is slow eneough you will be looking for the tissue box.
Cheers
Mav
Urban myth. It's not really possible to ''bounce'' an airplane with down elevator once it is on the ground.

More sensitive steering because of added pressure on the nose wheel? Negligible in my experience and probably no more nose pressure from partial down elevator than the braking action itself. The wing tipping issues with F-16's and other narrow gear jets invariably has to do with turning too sharply at too high a speed and/or uneven braking side-to-side.

Both brake operation methods work for different people. I personally prefer to keep my hand on the sticks during rollout (like full scale) and having brakes on down elevator lets me do that. Decide for yourself what works but don't believe that either method is ''right'' or ''wrong''.

You can even have it both ways....I use down elevator on landing and the slider for a parking brake or even a slight pre-load on landing like Harley suggests.

Craig

+1, That is how all my Jets are set up, even the F16. All roll to a stop in a straight line . Just don't jump on the brakes all at once, that's when you will need those tissues.........LOL
Totally agree, the only way you're going to bounce using down elevator to activate brakes is if you try to brake before you're on the ground . As some others here, I set up with both, right slider and down elevator. I tend to use the slider on taxi and for parking, use the down elevator when landing.

Mike