RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW FUEL VENT SYSTEM - a 'no hassle' device but which format is best?
Old 05-05-2013, 08:21 AM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEW FUEL VENT SYSTEM - a 'no hassle' device but which format is best?

Steve,

I really don't believe that the pressure (+) is very high, and even if I were to re-test using a pipe and water the results would not really prove anything as we don't have a benchmark from which to work to.

I am working on the assumption that the 'pipe' version is going to deliver the same pressure as any of the current vents being used out there in jets around the world, some file a chamfer on the pipe many others don't. I wanted to test the flush version to see if it delivered positive or negative pressure as comments suggested it would generate negative pressure which is not ideal for this application. The video showed it does infact give a similar positive pressure (in fact it would suggest slightly lower watching the paper) so I am now confident it will be fine in the real world.

Ali Machinchy is happy to test a 'flush' version, and I will test the 'pipe' version, so along with hopefully pilots from other countries testing we should be able to make sure all is 100%.

marcs