RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cheers to a BVM Canadair F-86 Maiden!
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 08:47 PM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cheers to a BVM Canadair F-86 Maiden!

Hey All,

Saweeet BVM 82" F-86 Maiden fellas! P160SX, and you can call World Class Builder Kim Foster for the rest of the details. He and his son Scott Foster are both class acts. And Kim built this puppy from the ground up as a true PRO and she's got a little JWM history on her too!

Truthfully this is a re-Maiden since Kim flew her already, but she's so purdy (and fast when she cleans up) that I almost needed to change my drawers after she landed safely! Hey, I'm excited.

BVM planes man, they just build, and fly, and land...perfectly.

All I did was drop in my receiver, turbine, couple extra Goodies, and take her up for a spin. It was about 12-18 mph somewhat cross-wind from the NE/E (Take off and Landing were to straight North), with some gusts up to 20-25 but overall a great day. No issues with tracking. She handled the wind by just ignoring it ...Rotation and lift off were scale, I am just getting a feel for the landings. What you see in video is the maiden, and the photos are from the second flight. Very easy to land on both. Just keep power on until you hit the X. Just like the Hun.

Big thanks to my bud Glenn Lee for the great steady hand on the video and camera!

I'll tell you Kim, that Gyro on the rudder is a smooth idea! She glides like a docile puppy and auto-corrects on final to dampen that Dutch-Rolling effect they get.

Greg W., we gotta find a way to get smoke on board and bust a couple of laps Canadair Golden Hawk formation-style! [8D]

Very Happy, Tailwinds...

Shaz

Maiden Video and photos in one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkWqM...ature=youtu.be