RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pletty Advance mystery
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 12:45 PM
cmoulder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pletty Advance mystery

I have a Pletty Advance in my Caelestia which has about 350 flights on it.

A couple of weekends ago I noticed that the battery consumption went WAY up - from 2200 to 2300mAh, up to 3000 to 3200mAh - for flying AMA Advanced. Previously I had gobs of capacity left at the end of the sequence, enough that I could fly the sequence nearly twice. Now, it can barely do the sequence once if I don't very carefully mind the throttle. On the last outside push on the half triangle before the final spin, I am using full throttle and it labors around the corner.

I was using an OS 100-Amp ESC and suspected that might be the problem, however after changing back to the Ice2 80HV I noticed no change in battery consumption - still very high! While I was changing everything out, I took the opportunity to check all the connectors and solder joints, with all checking out fine. I really don't think the problem is the batteries because it exhibits the same high power draw even with the stellar Sky LiPo 4400's which still register astonishingly low IRs - 1.0 -1.7mOhms - even after 70 or so charge cycles.

Upon landing, neither the batteries, ESC nor motor are hot. In fact, the motor and batteries are barely warm, and the ESC is cool.

All of this seems to leave the motor as the only remaining culprit. Has anyone else had this experience? Or should I look elsewhere for the problem?

I will download the Ice2 logs as soon as I get a chance.